School Facilities Use Policy
Who are we QINES is an inclusive school that nurtures curiosity, creativity and global awareness through an inspiring, broad and engaging curriculum. Children learn to become resilient and respectful in an environment where each child is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as an individual.
Mission Statement: To provide high quality childcare learning in a safe and clean environment
Our Vision: Empowering pupils to become confident compassionate and internationally minded learners.
This policy aims to clarify the use of school facilities after hours and by persons or organisations not in the employ of the school. Hire of the school facilities after hours could have both a financial and physical effect on the school. This policy is designed to maximize use of our resources and facilities to the best advantage of QINES pupils School functions (designated activities which are endorsed and supported by the School) The Head of School or Operations Manager must give prior approval to all hire requests and will be at their discretion.
- A Senior Manager or deputised teacher must be on duty or on call to supervise. All standing school regulations will apply, e.g., swimming regulations as well as an adult:child ratio, QINES advocates a policy of 1:8 which should be adhered to.
- School equipment and materials may be used only with the prior written approval of the Head of School or Operations Manager. However, damage to the equipment and facilities will be the responsibility of the person organising the event. At no stage should children over the age of 5 be using the play equipment in the Early Years playground and likewise, children under the age of 5 should be supervised when using the larger play equipment.
- QINES will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to person or property when using playground equipment incorrectly.
- No function exceeds an agreed time limit of midnight over a weekend and 8.00pm during the week.
- Access to the school must be through the official school entrances.
- An official Hire of School Agreement must be signed by all person/s hiring the school facilities. Outside organisations and individuals
- Permission for outside organizations and/or individuals to use school facilities will not normally be granted on Sundays, unless prior approval has been granted.
- Failure to conform to the rules laid out in this agreement may lead to approval being withdrawn. Any charges made by the organiser must be approved in advance by the Head of School.
- A contribution to a school-nominated charity will be encouraged.
- Use of school equipment and facilities, including car parks, will be at the user’s risk.
- The school reserves the right to levy a fee to cover the cost of electricity and ancillary support services such as cleaning and clearing including overtime charges for ancillary support staff should the clean-up operation exceed the estimated time of the hire agreement.
- A refundable damage deposit will be held by the school to cover any loss/damage or clear-up that is necessary. This damage is not limited to damage caused by the outside organization, but could also include damage to, misuse of or untidiness of school facilities made by any unsupervised visitor/s to the school during such time as the outside organization is using the school.
- LEASING / HIRING OF SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR PRIVATE FUNCTIONS The school premises may be hired out at a rate as set out below, for each function. The Hirer will be required to pay a refundable deposit of Ugx 100,000. This will only be refunded in full if there are no damages or unforeseen expenses incurred as a result of the hire. Should there be damage to school property all repairs will be deducted and the balance of the deposit refunded.
- Birthday parties of children enrolled at QINES International School: Ugx 50,000 per hour or part thereof
- Sports events which require the hire of the football field, Ugx 500,000 per day, or Ugx 65,000 per hour of part thereof
- Other events: Ugx 300,000 for a half day, (08:00 – 12:00) and Ugx 500,000 for a full day event, (08:00 – 17:00)
The general hire price includes:
- Use of the school grounds, including the fenced area for hanging of banners and promotional material
- Car park Use of School Facilities
- Basketball court
- Access to toilet facilities
- Power points All tables, tents, chairs, PA system, music system, standby generators, lighting etc must be provided by the Hirer.
- Caterers must provide all cooking and heating equipment. Please be advised that large, industrial hot plates are not compatible with our power supply and it is preferable that caterers make use of gas wherever possible. We request that you ask your caterer to contact the school office to make any arrangements they may require and to meet at the school to be shown the facilities available to them for the event. Set up of your event – marquees, delivery of tables, chairs etc In order not to disrupt our school day during term time and in the interest of safety of our children, the set up of marquees, delivery of tables, chairs, drinks etc is only permitted after 4.00pm on weekdays. If you require any other special arrangement, please contact the school office to make special deliveries. Security Additional security for car parking areas, marquees and equipment left on the school premises is to be provided by the Hirer. Please advise us in advance what your arrangements are in order that our own staff may be properly informed Evening Events It is not possible to offer the school premises after 8.00pm.
- Rubbish disposal etc We request that you supply dustbins where necessary for rubbish disposal and request that your guests and / catering staff are encouraged to be as neat and tidy as possible. The day following your event, you will be required to remove all equipment, marquees and any other items not belonging to the school, in order that the premises can be prepared for the next school day.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the removal of all rubbish and property and equipment by noon the following day.
Disclaimer QINES International School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to persons or property, howsoever at any time during the set up of your event, the running of your event and in the dismantling of your event once it has been completed. Any damage to the School or its properties caused by persons, equipment or third parties related to the hirer will be the direct responsibility of the Hirer howsoever caused.
I ………………………………………………………….., dated this …….. day of ………. 20…… have read and understood the above terms and conditions of hire of the QINES School Grounds, and agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated above. I understand that QINES International School can not be held responsible for any loss or damage to persons, or property howsoever caused at any time during the set up of my event, the running of my event and in the dismantling of my event once it has been completed. The Event is scheduled to take place on the ……….. day of …………… 20….. Commencing at …………………………… Completing at ……………………………… I hereby accept to replace or restore to good order any damage caused to the school premises, property or persons howsoever caused during the set up and term of hire of the school premises. For Hirer: ______________________________ Date: _________________ For QINES International School: _______________________________________ Date: _________________ Procedure Use of School Facilities
Management Committee 2021©