Staff Private Tutoring Policy
Who are we QINES is an inclusive school that nurtures curiosity, creativity and global awareness through an inspiring, broad and engaging curriculum. Children learn to become resilient and respectful in an environment where each child is challenged and encouraged to thrive and achieve as an individual.
Mission Statement : To provide high quality childcare learning in a safe and clean environment
Our Vision : Empowering pupils to become confident compassionate and internationally minded learners.
Staff Private Tutoring Policy Policy
Teachers and Learning Assistants may provide individual or small group instruction or learning assistance to students outside normal hours if privately arranged with the parent/ carer, and after discussion with the class teacher and approved by HOS.
This policy serves to outline the conditions for tutoring to ensure that the procedure is clear and in the best interest of all parties.
- Before arranging private tutoring, approval must be given by the HoS or risk dismissal.
- The child’s current class teacher should be consulted by the tutor to aid continuity and planning for both staff members
- The child must not be in the tutor’s current class to avoid a conflict of interests
- All tutoring must outside contractual hours
- All planning and preparations should be done outside of contractual standard working hours
- All tutoring arrangements should be handled between the tutor and the parent privately, without school involvement. This includes any payment problems or other issues Although working independently, tutors are still representative of QINES International School and thus, should conduct themselves in a professional manner and adhere to the school’s confidentiality guidelines.
Management Committee 2021©